About Center for Assistance to Public Authorities
Center for Assistance to Public Authorities (CAAP) is a non-governmental organization, established in 2002, with the mission to help in creating a favorable environment for social-economic development in Moldova. It has been founded by a group of professionals specialized in better regulation, central and local government reform and policy formulation and assessment.
Our staff includes unique experts who successfully implemented business permits and inspections (public services) reforms, including guillotine 2+ (revision of more than 400 business permits/inspections and setting one-stop-shop requirements), developed feasibility studies and participated to implementation of numerous one-stop-shops for national and local public services (including based on Public Private Partnership principles), developed and implemented other numerous solutions related to improvement of central and local business permits (public services).
CAAP clients include technical assistance projects funded by IFC, EU, USAID, UNDP, World Bank, and other donors. CAAP worked with most of the regulators in Moldova, who have been beneficiaries of our work, including: Ministry of Economy; Ministry of Regional Development and Construction and its agencies (State Inspection in Construction); Ministry of Finance and its agencies (State Tax Service, Customs Services); Ministry of Health and its agencies (Sanitary Agency); Ministry of Internal Affairs and its agencies (Fire-safety Agency), Licensing Chamber, National Food Safety Agency, local governments and many other public administration bodies involved in issuing business permits and inspection.
CAAP has more than 20 years of experience and our core activities include:
• Central and Local Government Reform:
– Studies, surveys and research on central and local governance
– Training to local government representatives and provision of assistance in writing project proposals.
– Implementation of One-stop-shops/ Citizen information and service centers. Reorganization/ modernization of public services.
– Activities and trainings related to management of public property/ asset management.
– Training on strategic planning in public sector
– Training on policy elaboration and analysis in public sector
– Training and assistance to local governments to organize Public hearings on strategic plans, budget, water and sanitation issues.
– Training to local government representatives on basic computer use, training and implementation of Integrated Municipal Financial Software and Water billing.
– Other assistance to Local Governments.
• Regulatory Reform:
– Studies, surveys and research on business environment.
– Business focus groups, including collecting indirect and direct regulatory costs on businesses.
– Regulations review and reform, including mapping regulatory procedures.
– State inspections review and reform.
– Permits review and reform.
– Doing Business indicators review and reform.
– Economic and social research.
– Legal and economic research of draft and existing policies and legislation, including Regulatory Impact Assessment.
• Human rights, freedom of mass-media and gender equality
– Developing new mass media products, sharing of articles on economical, gender equality and social issues.
– Enhancing women’s visibility in mass media and promoting gender equality.
– Promotion of young women participation in community life, development of self-confidence leadership abilities of young ladies.
• Organization of Study tours, conferences, trainings and other events